Achonry N.S. is a Catholic, co-educational primary school which strives to provide a well-ordered, caring, happy, safe and supportive environment where the intellectual, spiritual, moral, cultural and physical development of the children is provided for.
- Achonry N.S. is a school with a Catholic ethos, which promotes an atmosphere where difference is respected and it welcomes children of all religions and none.
- Achonry N.S. does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, age, race, disability, marital status, family status, sexual orientation or against members of the Travelling Community when enrolling pupils or appointing staff.
- Achonry N.S. uses a positive climate to motivate its pupils. Every effort is made to enhance the self-image of all pupils and promote in them a respect for people, property and environment.
- Achonry N.S. encourages the involvement of parents through home / school contacts. Achonry N.S. strives to promote the professional and personal development of its teachers.
- Achonry N.S. promotes gender equality among its teachers and pupils.
- Achonry N.S. endorses the principles of inclusion of pupils with Special Needs as per Education of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2003.
- Déanann Achonry N.S., iarracht an Gaeilge a chothú mar teanga beo na scoile.